Thank you for your interest. Due to high demand, this event has sold out. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 949-824-2586.
Honoring the best of UC Irvine
Since 1971, the UCI Alumni Association and its board of directors has
presented Lauds & Laurels, the association's highest honor, at a
formal ceremony each spring. Lauds & Laurels is the university's
oldest awards ceremony, a tradition that has recognized more than 800 members of the UCI community for their service to the university, the
community or their profession.
For table sponsorship and individual tickets, complete the above registration form.*
2017 Lauds & Laurels Award Recipients
Extraordinarius — Gary Singer ’74
Distinguished Alumni Awards — These awards recognize UCI alumni whose personal or professional achievements bring honor and distinction to a particular school or discipline, UCI and/or the UCI Alumni Association.
- Eveline Eng, M.F.A. ’00 — Claire Trevor School of the Arts
- Marlene Godoy ’76 — Francisco J. Ayala School of Biological Sciences
- Mark Kehke ’83, MBA ’93 — The Paul Merage School of Business
- Reginald Sample, Ed.D. ’09 — School of Education
- John Labib ’94 — The Henry Samueli School of Engineering
- Robert Nealy ’68 — School of Humanities
- Tim Kashani ’86, MBA ’88 — Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences
- Reuben Chen, M.D. ’07 — School of Medicine
- Kenneth Hays ’77, M.S. ’80, Ph.D. ’85 — School of Physical Sciences
- Eloy Ortiz Oakley ’96, MBA ’99 — School of Social Ecology
- John Williams ’85 and Michelle Williams ’87 — School of Social Sciences
- Sheniece Smith, paralegal certificate ’08 — Division of Continuing Education
- Outstanding Alumni Athlete — Scott Brooks ’87
- Distinguished Young Alumna — Lorina Ting Deng ’14
- Outstanding Faculty Achievement — Anthony James ’73, Ph.D. ’79
- Outstanding Staff Achievement — Goran Matijasevic, M.S. ’85, Ph.D. ’91
- Outstanding Undergraduate Student Award — Martha Morales
- Outstanding Graduate Student Award — Yader Lanuza
Award Descriptions >
List of Past Recipients>
Table & Corporate Sponsorship Levels >
In addition to honoring UC Irvine's best, the generous participation of
alumni and friends in the Lauds & Laurels program allows the UCIAA
to award more than $100,000 annually in scholarships to meritorious
undergraduate and graduate students so they may pursue their educational
goals at UC Irvine.
Learn about UCIAA Scholarships
*Net proceeds from the event support the UCI Alumni Association Endowed Student Scholarship Fund. For corporate sponsorship opportunities, contact Paul Phootrakul, Director of Business Development at 949-824-4575.